By Kathryn R. Schmeltzer and Jarrett S. Taubman
Sample questions include:
- What is the source of the Commission’s authority to limit “obscene,” “indecent,” and “profane” program material?
- What FCC regulations prohibit “obscene” or “indecent” program material?
- What Commission regulations prohibit “profane” program material?
- What about the First Amendment?
- Why aren’t cable and satellite subject to the same regulations?
A PDF version of this entire article can be found at Frequently Asked Questions About FCC Regulation of Obscenity, Indecency, and Profanity.